This Shabby Chic Writing Bureau is Sold
Shabby Chic Writing Desk with Vintage French Print
This Shabby Chic Writing Desk has been turned into the posh and elegant kind of style you can match with discreet reception of some old prestigious hotel. Name it Hotel Papillon.
Mind you – there is no hotel at no. 8 Rue Papillon in Paris, France. If you go there you will find just the restaurant of the same name. The hotel is a thing of the past right now. However, with our Shabby Chic Writing Desk we bring it (somehow) back to life.
The print on the slope is a transfer of original hotel’s logo, we just changed the font, to match better an art nouveau spirit we wanted to create. The papillon (butterfly) is 100% original. The print was transferred with screen printing method.
This piece is quite tall, more than a meter high, with a comfortable space to keep your laptop (you can easily close the slope with your laptop hidden inside). The slope’s supports are pulled out automaticaly when you open it.
The surface was protected with two layers of Colron’s acrylic non-yellowing varnish, so it is safe to wipe with a dump cloth.
Attention to detail
All our shabby chic furniture are distinguished by attention to detail. We put a lot of effort to be sure that all small parts of our work will not spoil the overall result. That is why we, for example:
- painted the rear side of the bureau;
- changed the felt in slope’s supports;
Height: 103 cm;
Width: 75 cm;
Depth with desktop closed: 43 cm;
Depth with desktop open: 77 cm;
Height from floor to the bottom of open desktop: 73 cm;
For printing we have used custom made French Hotel Papillon advert. It was transferred with use of screen printing method and ‘Paris Grey’ paint.
Annie Sloan – ‘Old White’ chalk paint
Annie Sloan – ‘Paris Grey’ chalk paint
- This item may be collected in person.
- However, we can deliver it ourselves for free within 20 miles distance above that – £0.80 per mile charge from St. Albans, AL3 (send me your postcode for precise quote).
- Alternatively you can arrange a courier of your choice – in this case I will charge a buyer additional £10 for cost of packing.Please Note: We do not arrange any courier services ourselves. Feel free to arrange one, but you will do it entirely on your own responsibility. We will wrap the item up to highest standards, but we will not be liable for any damage occurred during transportation by third party courier.
- You are welcome to view this item. Just let us know and we will arrange it on your convenience. We live in St Albans, postcode AL3.
Check out our other items we sell on eBay!