This piece of Shabby Chic Furniture – Bureau is Sold.
Shabby Chic Furniture – Vintage Bureau with Print
We love Shabby Chic Furniture (aren’t you surprised?). This time, missing a bit our last Bureau no 14. (sold couple of days ago), we decided to makeover its close relative.
Carved cabriole legs (claw and ball) and automatic supports under the writing slope make it look dignified and noble, and three drawers and pigeon holes inside makes it very practical item in every living room. But it is not only about utility. This bureau acts as decorative item; it is a jewel in every room, a crown in every hall, a pearl in every bedroom etc, etc.
To achieve shabby chic look on this piece of furniture we painted it with Annie Sloan’s ‘Old White’ and ‘Paris Grey’. Then, as usually, slightly distressed to get desirable appearance.
We have bought a stunning lion head pull for the slope, to match the drawer handles and a print we transferred on the top, which is a vintage Queen Bee in Victorian Wreath.
The surface was protected with two layers of Colron’s acrylic non-yellowing varnish, so it is safe to wipe with a dump cloth.
Attention to detail
All our shabby chic furniture are distinguished by attention to detail. We put a lot of effort to be sure that all small parts of our work will not spoil the overall result. That is why we, for example:
- painted the rear side of the bureau;
- changed the felt in desktop support to match the colour of paint;
Width: 73 cm;
Depth with desktop closed: 40cm;
Depth with desktop open: 71 cm;
For printing we have used custom made Queen Bee in Victorian Wreath image. It was transfered using screen printing method with ‘Old White’ paint.
Annie Sloan – ‘Old White’ chalk paint
Annie Sloan – ‘Paris Grey’ chalk paint
- This item may be collected in person.
- However, we can deliver it ourselves for free within 20 miles distance above that – £0.80 per mile charge from St. Albans, AL3 (send me your postcode for precise quote).
- Alternatively you can arrange a courier of your choice – in this case I will charge a buyer additional £10 for cost of packing.Please Note: We do not arrange any courier services ourselves. Feel free to arrange one, but you will do it entirely on your own responsibility. We will wrap the item up to highest standards, but we will not be liable for any damage occurred during transportation by third party courier.
- You are welcome to view this item. Just let us know and we will arrange it on your convenience. We live in St Albans, postcode AL3.
Check out our other items we sell on eBay!