Vintage Writing Desk – tall Bureau with Bookcase in Shabby Chic Style
This tall Bureau with Bookcase is in fact shortest of all bureaus we were working on, it is just above 180cm. That make its cute and handy, will fit in most empty spaces of your bedroom or living room.
It is painted with Annie Sloan’s ‘Old Ochre’ and mix of ‘Chateau Grey’ and ‘Original’ (1:1), and protected with couple of layers of clear acrylic varnish.
On the back of bookcase, and on the deskotop’s back wall (behind pigeon holes) we stencilled lovely pattern provided by Louise Panes (you may want to check other stencils she sells on eBay).
Attention to detail
All our furniture are distinguished by attention to detail. We put a lot of effort to be sure that all small parts of our work will not spoil the overall result. That is why we, for example:
- changed the felt in desktop support;
- painted internal part of bookshelf doors;
- painted and detailed finished internal part of all drawers;
- cleaned and polished desktop’s brass hinges and lock;
- all drawers edges and rear top of the bureau is painted with the utmost care;
(check the images with ‘Attention to Details’ marks on them)
This Vintage Shabby Chic Bureau with Bookcase was painted with Annie Sloan’s ‘Old ‘Ochre’ and mix of ‘Chateau Grey’ and ‘Original’ and gently distressed along leading edges. After that it was covered with three layers of Colron’s acrylic non-yellowing varnish, so it is safe to wipe with a dump cloth.
Height: 181cm (bureau: 99cm + bookcase 82cm);
Depth of bureau with desktop closed: 44cm;
Depth of bureau with desktop open: 76cm;
Depth of bookcase: 20cm;
Annie Sloan – ‘Chateau Grey’
Annie Sloan – ‘Old Ochre’
Annie Sloan – ‘Original’
For printing on the back wall of the bookcase we used stencil, courtesy of Louise Panes).
- This item may be collected in person.
- However, we can deliver it ourselves within up to 20miles for free, and above that £0.80 per mile (up to 100 miles) from St Albans (AL3), (send me your postcode for precise quote).
- Alternatively you can arrange a courier of your choice – in this case I will charge a buyer additional £10 for cost of packing.Please Note: We do not arrange any courier services ourselves. Feel free to arrange one, but you will do it entirely on your own responsibility. We will wrap the item up to highest standards, but we will not be liable for any damage occurred during transportation by third party courier.
- You are welcome to view this item. Just let us know and we will arrange it on your convenience. We live in St Albans, postcode AL3.
Check out our other items we sell on eBay!